RunningNheels

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day with my Lesbian lover, Alexis

Now that I’ve gotten all of your attention, I have to laugh. No, I’m not a lesbian and neither is Alexis. We’re best friends…girl friends. It doesn’t matter that we say “I love you” with an additional sharing of “mwa mwa” kisses in mid air to each other at the end of our phone conversations or when we say goodbye. We are quite frankly two healthy All-American heterosexual females who have no physical attraction towards each other. Even though, quite a few out there have questioned us and hinted at the possibility. We don’t hold hands or walk with our arms around each other. We don’t even rub noses in public. We have coffee together, watch movies together, go out to eat together, and, of course, talk in half sentences to each other. We remember each other’s birthday and share gifts with each other at Christmas even though Alexis is Jewish. Yeah, I guess that does sound a little serious.

Since neither of us is currently boyfriend-endowed, Alexis and I will spend Valentine’s Day together. Actually this is our second Valentine’s Day together. That’s pretty sad, huh? It’s our least favorite day of the year. A day in which we huddle together and reassure each other that there is nothing wrong with either of us, that men are non-essential beings, and that this day is nothing more than a way for Hallmark to make money. Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t begrudge lovers on Valentine’s Day. There’s nothing wrong with avoiding Hallmark Stores and even drug stores, between New Years and February 14. Any necessary medications are purchased prior or after those dates. I did have one really nice Valentine's Day in my poor, pathetic life. And I’ll try not bash any ex’s today, but he surprised me with beautiful red roses and then we went to a park at night, swung on a swing together and then made-out in his car for a while. Yeah, that was nice. Until 1 week later he freaking broke up with me. Ugh! Don’t get me started. Haha, get this, he used male excuse reason #25… “I’m going away to college in 4 months and I don’t want to get in a serious relationship”. Aren’t men grand?

Anyway, Alexis and I are taking each other out to a nice candlelit restaurant and then afterwards we’ll come back to my apartment and watch some sappy chick-flick together. I’ll take her home and then return and proceed into my normal bedtime routine remembering to say my prayers thanking the Lord that He got me through another Valentine’s Day.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger That which is called Darren said…

    Hey there,
    Just stumbled upon you by hitting 'next blog' and was entertained by what you wrote.

    Have a good night (and as good a Valentine's as you can)
    :)
    Darren

    PS: Supposedly, hundreds of millions of cards are sent this day, meaning billions of dollars spent on pieces of paper that will be recycled in a week, instead of for food for hungry people. And if you happen to be single you can at least be happy that you aren't a contributor. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home