RunningNheels

Thursday, November 29, 2007

And to the Republican for which I stand

So after a grueling gym workout, I came home, showered and flopped on the couch with a very nice hot cup of green tea in an effort to finally relax. Because I consider myself a young, conservative, ex-college republican who leans left on social issues, I decided I would most definitely check out the candidates at the You Tube Debate.

First of all, Anderson Cooper…what a catch! Anyway, here is my synopsis on what I saw and who I liked. Please understand, I am far from being a “political” person and this was the first debate I have watched this season and first real look at the Republican candidates.

Fred Thompson

I liked his height. He’s a tall man, distinguished yet a little too somber. He needs to lighten up a little more…smile a little more. Very Texan looking…I envision him with a big white cowboy hat, smoking a big cigar and sitting at a big desk with his big feet propped up on it. Fred is way too socially conservative for me. However, I think 24 should hire him to act as their next TV President. He’s a good actor.

Ron Paul

I’m sorry…I understand he has a lot of groupie fans out there…but he scares me…a little. Cranky, awkward, quirky, with a somewhat annoying voice…heck, I wouldn’t even want him as my OB doctor let alone President! Sure, in a perfect world we could all safely live in the US, mind our own business and leave everyone else to blow each other up…but the U.S. has never been that way and I don’t see that idealism ever happening here…not now. And stop being so cranky…gosh!

Mike Huckabee

He’s cute…kinda reminds me of Kevin Spacey. Nice dimples! Would love him for a father-in-law...but that’s it. I think he’s honest…but again, I think the President of the U.S. needs more than a Theology degree to handle the job. Ranks right up there with a degree in Apparel Merchandising (tee hee). I’m sure he’s very smart…maybe too kind. He’s very well spoken…I’d go to his church…but I think it’s time for someone who is slick, tough and a real crime fighting attorney to handle the wheel…a real pit bull…

Rudy Giuliani

Living in the New York area, you have to love him…Ok so he has problems with his relationships with the opposite sex…so do I!! I can’t fault him for that! So he loves A-Rod and I love David Wright…so what? He’s tough. He gets excited…He’s passionate! He leans left on social issues (which I prefer). I think he’d be a great boss. He’s inspiring. Let’s face it we haven’t had an enthusiastic U. S. President since…well…since Roosevelt! (Well, he seemed enthusiastic in the movie, Annie, didn’t he?). Giuliani is tough…maybe too tough…if he doesn’t like you…he won’t let you come play in his yard. I like that. I think he’s fair too. He smiles…I think he finds debating right up his alley!

John McCain

Was he wearing a plastic mask last night or was that his real face? He’s scary too! Whew! I like his pro-military admiration. Of all the candidates, he’s like the last person I’d want to be locked in a room with. Talk about Torture! He needs to relax! He’s way too intense. Unless, he’s got a big heart hidden somewhere…no one saw it last night.

Mitt Romney

He looked great in his suit! Very presidential looking. Handsome. He reminds me of actor, John Gavin. (Go ahead, google him!) I thought his answer on believing the Bible literally was staged and said to appease the conservative right. You could tell he was very uncomfortable since he has that big “C” for “Cults” engraved on his chest. I did love his response to Huckabee about giving scholarships to illegal immigrants. I felt Mitt was a little too polite compared to the others. He might need to get a little tougher…maybe mess up his hair a little.

Tom Tancredo

He didn’t say much but I actually liked his remarks against funding a space mission to Mars. I agreed with his wholehearted response to Ron Paul about wishing we could live in the world that Ron Paul believes exists.

Duncan Hunter

Duncan did not get a chance to say much. Quite frankly, I don’t know why he bothered to show up. Obviously, Ann Coulter does all the talking for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home