RunningNheels

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ten Reasons Why I Can’t Wait To Graduate From IU

1. I can’t wait to graduate from IU and get my degree and be done with school FOR-EV-ER! I’m at the point right now where I don’t even want to attend a Lamaze class someday, that is when I'm married and get pregnant. I’ve had enough of school and homework and papers and lectures and backpacks and tests and study groups and group assignments and scheduling difficulties and Oncourse and Onestart, etc. etc. etc.

2. I can’t wait to graduate from IU and have the moving truck come and take me and my stuff away from Bloomington FOR-EV-ER! No, I don’t really have anything against Bloomington…besides its drivers with Indiana license plates, and maybe the fact that I’m in the middle of our beloved U.S. and in the middle of No where! I’ve lived here 4 years and have made it to Indy (besides going to the airport) once. Getting out of Bloomington is kind of like “From Here to Eternity”. I need to get back to the city...any city outside the Midwest.

3. I can’t wait to graduate from IU and establish a new home. Everyone thinks moving is exciting. I am very excited to be a working girl and go to the office, hopefully only 5 days per week, and have the evenings off to do whatever I want! That sounds sooo good. Vacation and a 401K. What could be better than that?...Oh, yeah I can’t forget to add that all inclusive health club membership that comes with the job.

4. I can’t wait to graduate from IU so I can establish myself as an excellent credit risk! Organization and dependability are my forte. My parents tell me I’m receiving credit card offers daily in the mail back home. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are just fighting over me. Gee, it’s nice feeling wanted. Haha.

5. I can’t wait to graduate from IU and meet real men! Like 25 to around 35 year olds, oh heck maybe 37. Single, never been married, Ambitious – with a capital A, no baggage to speak of, well rounded, conservative, men who love to travel, and are serious about getting to know me!

6. I can’t wait to graduate from IU, to put aside Facebook and join Friendster. Friends, it’s a lot better set up and isn’t so “college” oriented. We’ll be out of college so let’s show we’ve grown up, graduated and we’re ready to network. Friendster isn’t about where the next beer and toga party are coming from. It’s a lot more professional and definitely more interesting.

7. I can’t wait to graduate from IU and finally be out of Bloomington. Oh, I guess I already said that. Sorry. I’ll just add: Bloomington, Village of the Damned…like the movie - every girl has long, straight blonde hair. Sometimes it’s a little scary here for a brunette!

8. I can’t wait to graduate from IU and become an IU Alumnus. I am proud of the school and have had amazing professors who have taught me so much. I can honestly say I’ve never met a professor I didn’t like.

9. I can’t wait to graduate from IU and be able to take a September vacation if I want.

10. I can’t wait to graduate from IU and be able to say, “I was an Indiana Hoosier…once!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home