RunningNheels

Monday, March 07, 2005

Do Guardian Angels Sit on Porches?

There are two old men that sit out on their house porch across the street from my apartment complex. They sit out there, eat out there, play cards out there, smoke cigarettes out there, and watch everyone’s coming and going from the chairs on their porch. I can only guess their names are Bubba and Jed. Anyway, at first I was a little annoyed by them watching my comings and goings. They watch me leave my apartment, unload the groceries from my car and watch me carry my laundry in and out. However, someone did open my eyes to the benefit of having Bubba and Jed across the street. He said, “Think of them as watching over you…good neighbors who make sure no one suspicious is coming around”. Then I realized he was right. From that moment on I began waving and saying hello to Bubba and Jed. They always wave back. Not with a lot of expression, mind you, but I understand now the importance of having Bubba and Jed living across the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home