RunningNheels

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Shall We Dance?

I’m taking a class this semester called Ballroom and Social Dance. It’s my first dance class since sophomore year when I was taking the musical theatre path (of destruction). Now in my senior year, I’m taking dance for the fun of it and, of course, the dire need for socialization. I figure, social dance can always come in handy at wedding receptions. If the guy sitting next to me at the reception table is gay, I might just have a great dance partner! So, I’ll be prepared. Anyway, I figured this class would consist of all girls and gay men. I was wrong. The guys are straight, Indiana-born and all corn-fed and most likely trying to either meet girls or please their girlfriends. First class was cha-cha lessons, second class, mambo. I think I’m the only one who’s ever danced before. Class consists of 25 girls and 25 guys…oh and lots of sweaty palms! Seriously, taking this class was a great idea. The teacher is cute. He’s straight and kind of reminds me of my high school boyfriend...who was by far also a better dancer than me.

Anyway, classes are Monday and Wednesday evenings in the HPER. Let’s just say I’m dancing with guys who much rather be at the IU basketball game than doing the Cha-cha. Fun times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home