RunningNheels

Saturday, March 12, 2005

There's No Place Like Home

A song from The Wiz called “Home” starts out, “When I think of home I think of a place where there’s love overflowing.” I am so fortunate to be able to sing and feel those words. I miss my family and home so very much.

Now that I have one more year here at IU, I am excited about where life will take me. It could be anywhere. But I know that my memories of home will always be with me wherever I am. Even now I can visually picture my mom and dad relaxing in our family room, each in their appropriate loungers. I can almost smell the Yankee candle burning from our dining room table that welcomes you as you enter the front door. I can picture sitting around the table for dinner at home or going out to eat at our favorite restaurants together, our family trips to Manhattan, our trips to the shore, eating on our deck, Christmas mornings, birthday parties at the house, and being tucked into bed at night and always feeling safe and loved. I can picture walking by my brother’s bedroom and hearing the clicking away of his computer keyboard late at night or singing at the top of his lungs making sure I hear how fabulous he is. I can picture my brother and I sharing the bathroom sink as we both stand in front of the large mirror “getting gorgeous” together. I can hear his voice as we say goodnight to each other. These are all visual and happy memories for me…Instant visuals that appear, when I think of home. When I’m lonely, my family is only a phone call away, an IM away, and for that hug…a plane ride away. Dad, Mom, and Adam...I love and miss you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home