RunningNheels

Monday, March 28, 2005

All Work and No Play

Two weeks ago during Spring Break I worked full-time or 40 hours at my part time job. I figured it would not only give me a nice chunk of change but it would also help me realize what getting up every day and going to work would be like. Result: I was exhausted and fell asleep every night by 9:30 p.m. My job has me on my feet all day while wearing heels.
By the end of the day my dogs were barking and I really didn’t have the energy to do much else. College life is easier, but I am over it and can’t wait to work after leaving IU next year. Now I understand why my parents want to collapse after a days work and kudos to them for working all day and coming home to Adam and me all those years. Working full-time is definitely mentally and physically exhausting. So physically exhausting I didn’t have the energy to do my normal gym workout that week. This summer I’ll be living in Bloomington and working about 30 hours per week, plus taking two classes (one each summer session). In between work and class, I’ll be at the gym. I won’t have time for much else. This hard working Irish girl is just about ready to take on the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home