RunningNheels

Friday, April 15, 2005

Addicted to Starbucks

Back home I am a “7 days a weeker” coffee drinker at any one of the 8 Dunkin Donuts Shoppe’s in Cherry Hill. But here in Bloomington, I am a Starbucks girl, every single day. It’s an expensive habit, but when you have an addiction, you know you have to meet it. I usually go to Starbucks near Kirkwood 5 days per week. But on Fridays and Saturdays I’m getting my caffeine high on at the Starbucks by College Mall. The employees all know me. I’m the Venti Americano aka Espresso with water. I’m no French poodle when it comes to coffee. You might look at me and think…"Ahh, she’s a Non-fat Caramel Macchiato for sure." Nope, I want the real thing baby. No whipped cream fluff here. Hardcore caffeine is pumping through this girl’s veins.

Coffee time is generally after wake up, or after my first class…which sounds like I’m sleeping through my first class…whatever. Once in awhile in the late afternoon I meet Alexis for an Americano so we can catch up with each other. Nothing like having a good vent with your Venti!. Haha.

Starbucks is a great 1st date place or an “I’ll meet you but I won’t hook up with you” place. It’s safe, busy, and comfortable. I wouldn’t recommend it as a “break up” place or a place to settle an argument, since Starbucks at times can be as quiet as the Library, but it is definitely my second favorite place on campus (next to the SRSC).

Whenever I leave Starbucks carrying my paper cup in hand, I know I am about to reach my ultimate happy place. My veins will be thriving, my energy level peaks and my eyes roll in the back of my head with the first sip. Who needs a man when you have Starbucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home